- walrus: either of two large northern marine mammals having ivory tusks and tough hide over thick blubber
- seahorse: small fish with horse-like heads bent sharply downward and curled tails; swim in upright position
- Seahorses compose the fish genus Hippocampus within the family Syngnathidae, in order Syngnathiformes. Syngnathidae also includes the pipefishes. “Hippocampus” comes from the Ancient Greek hippos meaning “horse” and kampos meaning “sea monster”. .
- (pictural) pictorial: pertaining to or consisting of pictures; “pictorial perspective”; “pictorial records”
- A portrait
- (picture) a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; “they showed us the pictures of their wedding”; “a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them”
- A painting or drawing
- (picture) visualize: imagine; conceive of; see in one’s mind; “I can’t see him on horseback!”; “I can see what will happen”; “I can see a risk in this strategy”
- A photograph
Earth Day: Don't Trash Our Oceans Sea Horse
Sea horse trash mosaic made from all sorts of catalog pictures, marble eyes, and Capri Sun pouch scales and fins. Part of hanging Earth Day display in my fourth grade classroom.
Sea Horse (pregnant)picture taken while diving in Cabo San Lucas.